Life List.

A little over a year ago I sat down and came up with a life list for myself. Things that I want to accomplish or try throughout my life. I understand that since that time a movie has come out with the same premise called "The Bucket List", basically doing things you want before you kick the bucket, so to speak.

A few of the things are material, a few are silly but for one reason or another I felt compelled to compile a list. Maybe I'm just trying to keep some things in perspective and not lose myself in the day to day grind that is my life, I don't know.

But I do know that I need to post this list, just so I don't forget about what it is I want out of life. Even if it is on the silly side.

My Life List

1. Become a literacy volunteer and teach people to read
2. Swim with the dolphins
3. Kiss or Feed the killer whales at SeaWorld
4. Cruise to Alaska
5. Win a major contest (DONE)
6. Own a pair of Mahnolo Blahnick's/Jimmy Choo's
7. Own either an authentic Kate Spade/Coach/Louis Vuitton (DONE)
8. Drink Cristal
9. Host a fresh air child
10. Travel to all 7 continents (I've got one down) (North America - I live there, South America, Australia, Europe (Italy), Asia (Thailand), Africa (Egypt), Antartica (just for a little while...very cold!)
11. See the pyramids
12.See the village my great grandparents came from in Sicily
13. Fly on the Concorde
14. Learn Flair Bartending
16. Visit the public/farmers markets in NYC, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco
17. Learn Italian
18. Buy John a Corvette
19. Buy John a Rolex
20. Cruise (DONE)
21. Go Backstage at a major concert
22. Drive a 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible Red
23. Get married to my soulmate (DONE)
24. Become a mother (DONE)
25. Teach my children sign language (In Process)
26. Take a cooking class from world class chef (Example: Wolfgang Puck)
27. Stay at the 4 Seasons or Waldorf Astoria in the suite
28. Cook a 7 course meal for 8
29. Learn to set a proper table
30. See a Broadway Show
31. Meet the president
32. Eat at a 5 star restaurant
33. Get Tattooed (DONE)
34. Get Pierced, Other than ears (DONE)
35. Surprise my mother with a trip to Hawaii
36. Lose 50 pounds
37. Run a marathon
38. Earn a second degree
39. Fly 1st class
40. See the space shuttle launch
41. Start a charitable foundation
42. March in an AIDS awareness walk
43. Donate my hair (DONE)
44. Learn to downhill ski
45. Read all Shakespeare's plays
46. Read Beowolf
47. Meet someone famous
48. Dance with Ellen (As an audience member will do)
49. Walk the red carpet at a movie premiere or awards ceremony
50. Watch a Dodgers game at their home stadium in Anaheim
51. Learn how to waltz
52. Write a letter to my father
53. Get enough courage to mail that letter
54. Come up with an original recipe
55. Compete in a cooking contest
56. Write a novel
57. Write a children's book
58. Learn origami
59. See the alps
60. Enter a slot tournament or poker tournament for fun
61. Learn to say NO more and NOT feel bad about it
62. Learn to be a more patient driver
63. Learn to be more patient in general
64. Be healthy
65. Be happy
66. Find the best in every situation (Stop being so pessimistic)
67. Organize and clean my house so that it looks like something out of Better Homes and Gardens
68. Be a better wife
69. Be a better mother (not that I think I am bad but there is always room for improvement)
70. Be a better listener
71. Stick to my daily schedule/chores list...(I always seem to forget about doing the laundry)
72. Ride a NYC subway (Been to NYC, but never taken the subway)
73. Learn to read a bus schedule (John and I went to Bermuda and took the bus everywhere (the only way to get around Bermuda) and at the end of our trip I STILL could not read a bus schedule)
74. Be better at keeping secrets
75. Stop holding grudges
76. Learn how to read sheet music

Comments

Maura said…
Love your blog and just read throught your list of things to do! Sounds like fun and I found so many things on your list that intrigue me as well! Have fun completing them all. Maura

Popular Posts