Welcome Fall!


For the first weekend of Fall I found a recipe in the Taste of Home Cupcakes & Muffins issue. They looked relatively easy and delicious so I went ahead with my "Welcome Fall Cupcakes".

The recipe is below and all I can say about these is they were not delicious. They were scrumptious! Absolutely stunning presentation wise, I got so many compliments on these at the market and they were a wonderful seller.

I hope you get a chance and try them!

Caramel Apple Cupcakes

1 package spice or carrot cake mix (I used carrot)
2 cups chopped, peeled tart apples
20 caramels
3 tablespoons of milk
1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
12 popsicle sticks

Prepare cake batter according to package directions; fold in apples.
Fill cupcake pan 3/4 full with batter. Bake at 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
In a saucepan, cook the caramels and milk over low heat until smooth. Spread over cupcakes. Sprinkle with toasted pecans. Insert popsicle sticks in the center of each cupcake to resemble caramel apples.

Comments

Unknown said…
Seems that you love cupcakes. Looks like it's the world favourite at the moment. Caramel and apple are good friends in a cupcake. I love it. I made classic apple caramel cupcakes baked in tea cups for the English Food is No Joke last time. Lovely burst from such a very light little cakes.
Abby said…
Those are absolutely adorable! I love the sticks in them.
WOW These are going on my 'Things-To-Bake' list!
Unknown said…
Those caramel cupcakes look yummy, Thanks for sharing.
X M
Angie said…
You have awesome recipes! I can't wait to try this recipe out.
April said…
yum! These look just like fall!!
Anonymous said…
I think those cupcakes are fantastic. I have to give them a try this month!!! Love it.

Thanks

http://birdfood-sharona.blogspot.com

Sharona May
Jade said…
Those cupcakes look so cute & delicious! Perfect for fall!
Carrie said…
These look SOOO good, I love cupcakes, check out my blog at

http://adamswife.blogspot.com
Julie said…
That is such a clever idea, those look really delicious.
Those are so cute!!!
Love you site..

http://thatsmycake.littleaton.com/
Deshona said…
Oh My Yum! I cant wait to try these! They look great!!!!!
RockinEMVenergy said…
Hi, I like your caramel apple cupcakes. I tried to make these for an upcoming party, however am having trouble with the topping. the caramel keeps dripping and making a big mess. the cupcakes are completely cooled before putting the topping on. Any suggestions? zitzloff@hotmail.com
Gina said…
Harleychick396-

My suggestion would be to limit the amount of caramel topping. When I make these I dip the cupcake top in the caramel while on the stove, letting the drop on a cooling rack for a few minutes and then re-dipping them in the caramel slightly to make a little thicker.

They will be somewhat drippy but they make a really nice presentation!

Thanks for your comment!
RockinEMVenergy said…
Gina,
While dipping them, letting them set, and redipping them would the caramel be on the stove still hot, because if it isn't it would be a thicker caramel hard to be dipped in...Sorry for the questions, it's a big event. :)
Gina said…
HarleyChick-

Don't worry about asking questions, I don't mind at all.

I have let them set about 5 minutes or so before redipping. I wouldn't leave the heat on necessarily the whole time. No heat will make the caramel thicken up but you can always rewarm it on a low setting.
Martha Flynn said…
these are so awesome. i may be in love with you. you've combined my favorite things.

Popular Posts