Think Pink!


In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month the first Saturday of October I made "Think Pink" cupcakes.

I've been meaning to post about them for quite awhile now but just have not gotten around to any blogs in the last 3 weeks I believe.

But I am back on track now.

So...Think Pink!

The recipe I found in the book 500 Cupcakes by Fergal Connolly. I haven't used this book before but all the recipes in here are ones that I eventually want to try. A lot of different kinds but I am not sure how they would sell at the market.
But I digress.

The cupcakes themselves came out a little dry. But I think it was more problems on my part than anything else. The recipe calls for superfine sugar. Of course I didn't notice this before I was going to make them so thanks to the internet I found what to do if you don't have superfine sugar. Guess what....I also did not have self-rising flour. So because I had to use the substitute for two main ingredients that could be the reason for the dryness.

Next time I will make sure I have superfine sugar on hand (most of the recipes in the book call for it!)

But other than that....

Think PINK!

For the cupcakes:

1 cup sweet butter, softened
1 cup superfine sugar
2 cups self-rising flour
1 tsp. baking powder
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine all cupcake ingredients in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and pale, about 2 to 3 minutes.

Spoon the batter into the cups. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove pans from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Then remove the cupcakes and cool on a rack.

For the frosting:

3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
1 cup sweet butter, softened
Pinch of salt
Pink Food Coloring

To make the frosting, cream the confectioners' sugar, butter, and salt with an electric mixer until smooth. Add a few drops of food coloring, and mix well. Spread the frosting liberally onto the cooled cupcakes.

Makes 1 1/2 dozen.

Comments

Popular Posts