Our Flag Was Still There!


Hmmmmmmmm 4th of July!

A time for family get togethers, barbecues and fireworks.

And rain, a full, heavy, non-stop rain!

At least in my neck of the woods. So that meant no get together, no barbecues and no fireworks.

So instead I made these, I am calling them (for lack of better idea), my Red White & Blue Layered Firecracker cupcakes.

Nothing special for a recipe, just plain old white box cake mix. After mixing ingredients I took 1 1/3 cup of batter, added 1/2 teaspoon of red to get the red. And then did the same for the blue. (Leaving the white alone). Then I layered them in the cupcake liner and baked.

The icing is standard vanilla buttercream, piped through Tip #233 (to resemble a firework)!

Easy enough!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Brilliant! I have never seen a cupcake look so good. Very creative!

Popular Posts