Chocolate Zucchini Bread


Recipes from your family are the best kinds of recipes. Tried and true they have been around years sometimes decades and centuries and are your favorite recipes. Because they bring back memories of when your family all gathered around to eat whatever it was that was made.

I feel like this with my family recipes at least.
When I finished college and finally had my own apartment my mother made me a book with all our family recipes in it. Ones from my grandmother and great-grandmother, and even more Americanized recipes from my mother. Foods that I loved eating as a child and into my teen years and well into my adult years.
When I was at the Public Market Saturday I saw some of the vendors selling the first homegrown zucchini of the season. I bought some (5 for $1.00) and normally my first thought would be to marinate and grill it for dinner one night. However, on Saturday my first thought when buying it was to make my grandmother's Chocolate Zucchini Bread.

And boy, oh boy, am I glad that was my first thought. I haven't had it in years and I loved watching my sons face when I gave him a mini-muffin (made from the leftover batter).

Here is the recipe (as hand-written by my mother). Enjoy!




Comments

Anonymous said…
i love family recipes :)
Unknown said…
That chocolate zucchini bread looks delicious!

You have been tagged, please go to this blog for more info:

http://www.bakeyourcakeandeatittoo.blogspot.com/
Anonymous said…
MMmmm... that looks SOOO good!
Kim said…
hey i just was reading your blog and noticed you live in Roch too! :)
I've been picking zucchini like crazy all month. Will try your recipe soon.
Edith said…
What a wonderful idea. I wish I have some nice recipes to pass on to my daughter and hopefully my granddaughter too.

Popular Posts