Slight Obsession

I was a teenager in the 90's and I remember the song by TLC "Waterfalls." In the song they infamously sang, "Don't go chasing waterfalls..." Of course, I can't seem to do anything but! I have a slight waterfall obsession.

I have shot many, many photographs of the falls in the Letchworth State Park area and I've never really had much luck capturing the falls in the manner which they deserve. I have found that if you shoot during the day the sun shines directly on the front side of the falls making water shots washed out. In a cloudy setting the water appears murky and dirty. Just not ideal for what I'm looking for.

But the waterfall photography Gods were shining on me last night after our Anniversary dinner at the historic Glen Iris Inn when upon walking down to the overlook and adjusting my settings I managed to snap some halfway decent shots all without my tripod. I'm not totally happy with them and I would have liked to play with the settings a bit more before it started to downpour but for once I am satisfied with my outing to this spot to capture them. It gives me hope for the next time.

Comments

Popular Posts