A Tale of Two Lenses

(Originally posted April 16, 2007 and trasnferred over)

Where should I begin. Let's just say I am so depressed for two entirely different reasons.
First depression story....

Yesterday we took the boys to the Strong National Museum of Play. (Side note...is soooooo cool! The boys loved it and I am so glad we bought a membership that way I can take them all the time). Anyway, as we were leaving I set my camera that I have had now for 49 days on top of the stroller. My husband didn't know it was up there and accidentally knocked it off. Now my brand new $300 camera does not work. I am so mad at myself. I found out that Fuji will repair free of charge any camera under warranty. (Mine is) However, if they determine that it was dropped I will have to pay. Have I said yet, that I am so depressed over this.

Depression story number 2.

If you remember me saying in one of my previous blogs we noticed a slight lazy eye in both boys so our doctor (who did not notice it), referred us to a pediatric opthmalogist.
We had our appointment today and Dominic who we were most worried about because we notice it more in him is fine. He does have a slight stigmatism at this point which does not require glasses, patches, or surgery. They are going to see him in 6 months time, which they think because he is so young might just correct itself.

Johnny who we did not notice the lazy eye that much needs glasses. A 16 month old....wearing glasses! Talk about having a fight on my hands! Anyway, the doctor said that Johnny had something with near sighted/far sighted...I am not sure if it was one eye, both eyes or somewhere in between. (I couldn't really hear him at the time because Dominic was screaming). He is hopeful that with glasses we can correct it now and then he won't have to wear them his whole life. When we went into the next room to be fitted for his glasses the girl told us that after awhile he will realize that he sees better with glasses on and he will not touch them anymore. THe one we have to worry about is Dominic pulling them off of Johnny.

I'm just so sad about the whole thing. I know it's a good thing that we caught it now and it can be fixed but at the same time he's my baby.

The funny thing about this whole situation?

Last year I bought 2 new pairs of glasses for myself. Both of my glasses were still less than one pair of Johnny's glasses. Of course we got the flexible frames that he can bend, twist, snap...you name it and they won't break!


(Or so they say!)

Comments

Popular Posts