Is Someone Trying To Tell My Something?

(Originally posted June 17, 2007 and transferred to this blog)

I am sure by now everyone has had "just one of those days".

You know which days I am talking about. It seems like everything that possibly can go wrong, does?

Well that was my weekend. I am not saying DAY...but both Saturday & Sunday!

I'll try to make this as brief as possible. Saturday the boys and I went down to the public market. John gave Dominic a chocolate chip cookie (like he normally does) and as I was walking through the market I hear some lady behind me saying "get my camera, I want to take a picture of that little boy, look how cute!" I turn around and see this...


Yeah, okay. It was pretty cute...I gotta admit, funny even. What you can't see is the chocolate all over his blanket, shorts, socks, shoes, wagon, Johnny etc etc.

We go home and the boys went down for a nap and by the time they were up John was home from the market. We were planning on taking them to this big truck show at the Henrietta Dome Arena on Sunday but before I needed to buy tickets at Wegmans. So I leave John home with the boys and go to Wegmans. I go to the video department...guess what they are closing and don't do the tickets anymore you have to go to Customer Service.

No problem, I go to Customer Service and the teenagers behind the counter don't really know how to do the tickets, but after calling a couple of people for help they manage to do a fine job. They ring me out and give me my receipt and that's when I realize they never gave me the tickets. So I ask. Well they never printed. So when they go to reprint them the system crashes.
After 20 more minutes of standing in line trying to get the system back up and three managers there I just ask for my money back and told them I would just get them at the door. (I was only saving a total of $2 by buying them ahead of time).

After that fiasco I had over to the pharmacy to pick up John's prescription. Guess what...they lost the prescription! I had to call John and ask him what it was for and after another 30 minutes and 2 pharmamcists helping they finally told me they will contact his doctor and get another prescription and then call me when it's filled. Thank god that it wasn't something that he absolutely needed to take...what would he have done then!

So I get my groceries and go to check out. After putting all my items on the belt the cashier tells me that the person ahead of me forgot her eggs she'll be right back. Now there is something behind me so it's not even like I can get out. Okay, so I am forced to wait. Which I did. Then I get rung up. Four items comes to $366.47....what????

He rang my 6 ears of corn up as 600 ears of corn or something like that. Okay, funny I can laugh at that one.

After a HOUR AND A HALF I get home! (I should have been gone like 20 minutes TOPS!) So John goes to get dinner...nothing special and nothing we ever eat but he wants Wendy's so he goes to the nearest one and brings it home. We open the bag and who's order did they screw up royally???? MINE!

I asked for a Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Small Fry and Diet Coke. I get a Chicken Ceasar Salad, No Fries and a Regular Coke. Oh, and I should add the salad was just lettuce, 5 pieces of chicken and 2 cherry tomatoes. No dressing and no croutons. So basically I ate lettuce for dinner. I was not happy!

To make up for it John decides to take us to Abbott's for ice cream. We get the boys and John's and I told John I will eat mine on the way out in the car. That way I can enjoy it and just be able to help the boys. We were leaving so I go get my #2 Caramel Sundae (I splurged). They have these numbered because they already say what is on it. She gives me my sundae when I realize she forgot to put on the almonds. I give it back and she brings me the sundae back. I get in the car, we pull away, I take a bite...NO ALMONDS!!! She gave me chopped peanuts.

At this point it is just comical now...I feel like I am candid camera!

So Sunday morning we are taking the boys to the Truck Show (firetrucks, construction trucks, school buses, hummers, state trooper, ambulance etc.) and we stop at Dunkin Donuts for coffee. I order my usual. Small Iced Caramel Latte with Whipped Creme. We drive away and I looked down and just start laughing. NO WHIPPED CREME!!!

I told John someone is obviously trying to tell me that I need to lose more weight or something!!!
So we go to the truck show, pay my $12 get and go in. The boys couldn't believe all the trucks! Until 3 minutes in. Then all the sirens went off! The boys were scared shitless and screamed. They let the kids up in the cabs and it was other kids blowing the horns and sirens. Needless to say I would get them calmed down and then 2 minutes later the same thing would happen again.
So after about 10 minutes there we had to leave. I felt like asking for a refund! I think if it was outside (like it used to be) it would have been different. But this year they had it inside so it was so incredibly loud! And then of course I read yesterday in the What To Expect The Toddler Years book that at 18months your child will be easily scared by loud noises!

At any rate, I think this is the first time ever I am glad the weekend is OVER!

Comments

Popular Posts