Death...by geese?

(Originally posted June 12, 2008 and transferred)

Like this photo?




Nice isn't it?

Well enjoy it!

It will probably be the last swan picture I ever take at Irondequoit Bay.

I have been trying once a week to get the boys out of the house and take them places around town. One day it was a farm, one day the canal, and one day I took them to the bay. We had such a good time at the bay, seeing the big geese, ducks and swans and walking the bridge/pier that I decided today after I took them to the Public Market that I would take them back.

We pulled up and I parked in a different spot then last time, closer to the water and the animals. I jumped out of the car, snapped a few pictures then went back to the car to grab the boys.
We walk over to the rocks and I stood them on the rocks so they can watch the swans swimming in the water. About 45 seconds after we are standing there I noticed a whole shitload of Canadian geese walking over to us. I figured they were walking over because they thought we were going to feed them so I turned away.

Then 10 seconds after that I see this one goose walking really fast over to us and he starts hissing. Well like an idiot I yell at the goose, and I quote "Stop hissing, I didn't do anything to you." (Like he's going to talk back to me or something).

All of a sudden he picks up his pace and starts heading right for me!

I scooped up the boys, ran to the truck and threw them in! All the while yelling, "Get in the car! Get in the car! Get in the car!" Like some crazed woman!

I climbed in the back of the Tahoe and am standing there trying to buckle the boys in when I notice about 30-40 Canadian geese surronding my truck!

I swear to God it was like something out of a bad horror movie. So I crawled over into the driver seat (like hell, I was getting out again!) and we left.

The whole way home, Dominic is in the back saying "Geese attack Mommy...so funny!" Thanks D- Love you too!

Oh yeah...I forgot the part about me running to the car and seeing this woman in her car about 100 feet away laughing hysterically. If I wasn't so worried about protecting my kids I swear I was going to go over there and punch her in the face. And I am not a violent person!

So that was my last time at the bay. Here's one last picture...like I said before...enjoy it! You won't see anymore!

Comments

Popular Posts