So Whatever Happened To Naptime!

Time: 12:27 p.m.

Location: Upstairs in the office, right next door to the boy's bedroom.

The scenario: The boys were gently placed in their cribs an hour and a half ago for their daily 2 hour nap. After listening to J cry and play for an hour he finally fell asleep. For only a half hour. D is still sleeping...but I am guessing, not for long.

Whatever happened to naptime?

I am not just talking about naptime for my kids, I am talking about naptime in general. Wouldn't we all like to go back to a time where naps were mandatory. Like in Kindergarten when they would line the cots up all over the floor and we had to take a nap. I can honestly, remember being pissed some days that they were making me lie down.

Did you ever just want to go back and do things over again...but yet the whole time knowing everything that you know now. There are always decisions that we've all made in the past that if given the opportunity we would take back. Make the other decision. I don't care what kind of person you are that you would say...never have regrets. SCREW THAT! Everyone has at least one regret. There is always something that you would take back, be it a boy/girlfriend, job, move, some decision that didn't quite have the outcome you were hoping for and you just wish you had picked the lesser of two evils.

I have always tried to be a firm believer of "Never regret things in the past because at one time it was exactly what you wanted". I think that is true to a certain extent. I love my life now and the decisions and mistakes I have made in the past have brought me to where I am now. In that respect I am glad for those mistakes. But just that...they are mistakes. I wish I could go back and take them all back. But I can't.

Most days I am looking for someone to make me take a nap.

So cry J, cry! One day you will look back at this and wish I would make you take a nap again!

Comments

Popular Posts